Clean CentOS LAMP Build
This installation assumes you have downloaded, burned and have the CentOS ISO Images on CDs. These scripts have been updated and tested for CentOS 5.6
- Start installation in graphics mode
- Select Remove all partitions on selected drives and create default layout when you get to this option
- Enter your root login password
- Select option to Customize Now and uncheck all boxes at this screen before clicking next
- Now just click Next (or ATL N) Note:This installation should require only Disks 1, 3 and 4
- THIS NEXT STEP IS CRITICAL SO DO NOT SKIP IT! On the first reboot. When a Setup Agent screens comes up Select Firewall Configuration then disable it. To fail to do so will prevent any server applications from being reachable.
- Login as root upon reboot and removing CDs
- at the command prompt:
~]# lftpget http://advancedalgorythms.com/txt/finish_build.txt
~]# chmod 755 finish_build.txt
Once this build has completed there is no password on the root account for MySQL
To set this:
~]# /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'
This build takes about 19 minutes on a machine with 1 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Processor.